September 2012 – June 2015 - BSc (Hons) Computer Games Technology (Somerset College)
Awarded: First Class Honours
· Student of the year and artwork submitted to Edge magazine on the University’s advertisement page.
Final Major Games Project: ‘Square One’ Solo game project
· Modelled and unwrapped organic and environmental low poly 3D assets. Used Mudbox to sculpt high poly versions of assets. Created hand painted textures in Mudbox (diffuse and specular map).
· Used CAT Motion to rig, weight and animate bipedal characters.
· Coded first person character movement, weapons systems (gun, fireball and throwing knife) and level interaction (Collecting objects, opening doors). Particle system used for fireball in the 3D level.
· Used ray casting and a waypoint system to code enemy path finding and object avoidance (2D level)
· Created state scripts to control random behaviour for an enemy character (idle, attack, protect and projectile firing states). Health and damage systems, including checkpoints and game over state.
· GUI to create menus, text based speech and notifications.
January 2013 – Present - Freelance 3D Artist, Animator and Developer
Client: Somerset College (http://www.somerset.ac.uk)
Project: Photorealistic architectural renders (3ds Max/Mental ray)
· Used architectural plans and designs to ensure an accurate 3D representation of a building that is currently under construction. Created, unwrapped and textured 3D models.
· Realistic lighting & rendering with Mental Ray.
Client: Powrmatic (http://www.powrmatic.co.uk)
Project: Interactive product library and installation animations (Unity 3D/C#/ 3ds Max)
· Held consultations with the client to advise on effective ways of showcasing their products in a virtual environment. Used existing design plans to create accurate 3D models of the client’s products.
· Created 6 interior environments to be exported to the Unity Game Engine.
· Application was developed in Unity, C# was used to code camera movement, GUI elements and object interaction.
Client: Impey Showers (http://www.impeyshowers.com)
Project: Product installation animation (3ds Max)
· Used reference images supplied by the client to model, unwrap and texture a bathroom environment.
· Used key-frame animation techniques on the cameras, objects and modifiers to clearly represent the stages of installation.
September 2014 – September 2015 - Associate Lecturer at Somerset College
· BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Media (Computer Games)
· Responsible for lecture preparation, delivery and marking for six modules.
August 2008 – November 2012 - Freelance Landscape Gardener
· Maintained gardens for clients on a regular basis. Responsible for small gardens (town houses) up to large country gardens (3+ acres).
· Mowing lawns, trimming hedges, shed repair, fence installation and patio restoration. Also carried out DIY jobs including decorating and window/gutter/soffit cleaning.
You can find examples of the recent roles highlighted on this resume on my portfolio website: